Opera is a free, open-source web browser that runs on Windows and Mac computers. The company released an update to Opera 48 with the most anticipated features of any version in recent memory – which include new tabs, changes to how bookmarks are handled and more stability for every version of Chrome on Windows PCs. However, some users have experienced black screens when they try to use this particular release. Here’s what you can do if it happens
The “opera browser open but not visible” is a problem that many users have. This can be caused by the incorrect settings for your graphics card, or an issue with your computer’s display drivers.
Aleksandar Ognjanovic is a writer who lives in Serbia.
Expert in Troubleshooting
Technology is Aleksandar’s major interest. With a strong literary background, he is motivated to bring cutting-edge technology to the masses. He constantly sees the next great thing around him with his acute eye… Continue reading
2nd of December, 2021
Originally published in February 2021.
- Although Opera is widely regarded as a fantastic browser, a few users have encountered black screen troubles.
- It’s easy to fix this problem, and all you have to do is apply the newest updates.
- The issue may also be resolved by installing the latest updates and erasing the browser history.
BY CLICKING ON THE DOWNLOAD FILE, YOU CAN INSTALL XINSTALL.
We propose Restoro PC Repair Tool to address a variety of PC issues: This program will fix common computer faults, protect you against file loss, viruses, and hardware failure, and optimize your PC to run at its best. In three simple actions, you can immediately fix PC problems and eradicate viruses:
- Download the Restoro PC Repair Tool, which includes patent-pending technologies (patent available here).
- To detect Windows faults that may be causing PC difficulties, click Start Scan.
- To correct problems that are hurting your computer’s security and performance, click Repair All.
- This month, 0 readers have downloaded Restoro.
Opera has always been a viable and more reliable option to other popular browsers, particularly since they overhauled the UI and added more than a few built-in utilities, such as VPN or Ad-Blocker, to the entire experience.
The current Opera versions, on the other hand, are far from perfect. The black screen problem that happens in Windows 10 is one of the most prominent issues.
When a black screen pops out of nowhere, you must terminate the process and restart the browser. Fortunately, there are certain steps you may do to remedy this problem.
If you’ve been having trouble with Opera recently, reading through the list of probable fixes will almost certainly cure the issue.
We should also highlight that the browser comes in several versions, so switching to a different one isn’t out of the question.
Keep your system’s resources safe.
Opera is well-known for being a resourceful browser. As a result, it is the game of choice for the majority of players.
There are several reasons why many users prefer it over its chromium-based counterparts. Its GX version is considerably more resourceful, including a slew of beneficial functions that should be common by now:
The RAM and CPU limiters, for example, were designed to prevent the browser from using too much of your computer’s resources that may otherwise be utilized for other critical tasks.
Here’s how to establish the boundaries:
- Launch Opera GX.
- GX Control should be selected.
- Toggle on the RAM Limiter by scrolling down.
- Scroll down to the CPU Limiter and turn it on if you want to restrict your CPU.
Additionally, if you have a lot of tabs open, Opera GX will eliminate the ones that use the most resources in order to save power.
Those with a slow internet connection or limited bandwidth might also benefit from the browser. If you use the Network Limiter, you won’t have any latency issues when gaming.
Specialized bandwidth prioritizing software may also help with network issues, so be sure to look into it.
There’s a lot more to say about this browser version. In our Opera GX review, we go over everything in great depth, so be sure to read it.
How can I get rid of the black screen in Opera?
- Updating to the most recent stable version is recommended.
- Clear your browsing history
- Hardware acceleration is disabled.
- Update your graphics card drivers.
- Reinstall Opera if necessary.
1. Install the most recent stable version.
- Start Opera.
- In the top left corner, press the Menu button.
- Select Update & Recovery from the drop-down menu.
- Check for Updates should be selected.
- The installer will look for any updates that are available.
- If a new version is available, it will be downloaded and installed immediately.
If the issue is in the code, there’s just so much you can do. There’s always a danger that coders may miss something with frequent upgrades.
Fortunately, problems that surfaced in the last stable version should be addressed in the upcoming one. That’s how most software updates work, with the magic circle appearing on any particular platform.
If your browser’s updates aren’t handled automatically, you should manually check for the most recent stable version. And we don’t mean beta versions when we say stable.
If you’re not an experienced user or developer, it’s best to stick with stable versions.
If you’re still using the Beta version of Opera, delete it and get the free stable version from the link below.
2. Delete your browsing history
- To open the History window in Opera, use Ctrl + H.
- Click the Clear Browsing D button in the top right corner to clear your browsing history.
- Select All time from the drop-down menu.
- Select the boxes that you wish to remove. Cookies and cached pictures and files are given special attention.
- Select Clear browsing data from the drop-down menu.
Using specialist optimization and clean-up software like CCleaner, you may also do this job automatically.
You’re undoubtedly aware that browsers gather surfing data in order to improve the browsing experience and speed things up. Cached data, for example, will significantly reduce the time it takes for some websites to load.
On the other side, when the cache fills up, it might degrade overall performance and, in the worst-case situation, result in a black screen on the Opera GX.
3. Turn off the hardware acceleration.
- Open Opera.
- In the left corner, click the Opera symbol.
- Select Settings.
- Select Browser from the Advanced section.
- Toggle off Use hardware acceleration when available after scrolling down to the System section.
- Restart your browser to check if the problem still exists.
The user’s GPU is used to power up the browser via hardware acceleration. While the option should theoretically help things run quicker, it may cause a slew of issues. The simplest method to go about it is to just disable it.
- Start Opera.
- Open Settings by clicking the Menu button in the left corner.
- Turn it on by toggling the switch.
- Restart the browser if necessary.
Expert Tip: Some PC problems, such as damaged repositories or missing Windows files, are difficult to resolve. If you’re having problems repairing a mistake, it’s possible that your system is partly broken. Restoro is a tool that will scan your computer and determine the source of the problem. To download and begin mending, go here.
Check whether you still receive the black screen in Opera on Windows 10 after activating this functionality.
Hardware Acceleration is a built-in browser function that uses hardware rather than software to increase video playing performance. For users with at least a respectable GPU setup, this is now a viable option.
Hardware Acceleration is more of a downside than a gain for individuals with low-end integrated graphics.
Furthermore, owing to a shortage of resources, this functionality may cause Opera GX to display a black screen.
If you’re not sure how to turn off Hardware Acceleration, which is turned on by default, follow these steps:
This should fix the issue if it’s caused by Hardware Acceleration. If not, there are several further actions you should consider.
5. Install the latest GPU drivers.
- To, press the Windows key + X.
- Go to Device Manager and select it.
- Select Display Adapters from the drop-down menu.
- Update the GPU device by right-clicking it and selecting Update Driver.
- Finally, restart your computer when the driver has been installed.
There’s a risk that your GPU drivers aren’t installed if you’ve recently reinstalled your system or conducted certain recovery procedures. By looking at the resolution, you can plainly see this.
You won’t be able to change the default resolution without the right drivers, and your PC will default to 1024 x 768 most of the time.
Furthermore, any GPU-related function, including video streaming in Opera, will not work correctly. Make sure you have the right GPU drivers installed for this.
You may also use an automated program like DriverFix. It will scan your whole system and look for outdated drivers automatically.
The required updates will be listed in a comprehensive list, and all you have to do now is pick which ones to install or update.
This is the safest method of updating your drivers, since manually installing them might result in system harm if the incorrect driver version is installed.
6. Install Opera again.
- Type Control Panel into the Windows Search box and click on it to access it.
- Uninstall a software may be found under the Category view.
- Uninstall Opera by right-clicking it.
- Your computer should be restarted.
- Get the most recent version of the Opera browser.
- Complete the installation by running the installer.
Finally, if none of the other options worked, reinstallation should be considered as a final resort. The mere act of reinstalling may not be enough to repair the black screen problem, so we’ll need to take a more complete approach.
System requirements for Opera
The most common causes of Opera black screens are profile settings or the program itself, but they may also be caused by your hardware or drivers. Everything should have returned to normal once we applied our fixes.
Opera’s main characteristic is optimization. It outperforms other chromium-based browsers in terms of performance.
The designers worked hard to create a product that doesn’t need a powerful system to function and consumes less bandwidth.
The only true prerequisite for Windows users is that their device runs Windows 7 or a more recent release. Even the cheapest CPU on the market is superior than them in terms of processing power.
This includes deleting any leftover directories and cleaning out the Opera-related registry settings. You may do so by utilizing a third-party uninstaller, since the manual method will take up a lot of your time and effort.
It’s simple to move on after you’ve dealt with the incorrect version. You just need to download the most recent version from the official website to get started. Hopefully, this will address the Opera GX flickering on Windows 10.
That should be the end of it. If you have any questions or recommendations about Opera, please leave them in the comments section below.
Are you still experiencing problems? Use this tool to fix them:
- Download this TrustPilot.com-rated PC Repair Tool (download starts on this page).
- To detect Windows faults that may be causing PC difficulties, click Start Scan.
- To repair faults with Patented Technologies, click Repair All (Exclusive Discount for our readers).
This month, 0 readers have downloaded Restoro.
Was this page of assistance to you?
Thank you very much!
There are insufficient details It’s difficult to comprehend Other Speak with a Professional
Start a discussion.
Watch This Video-
The “opera://restart” is a command-line tool that will allow you to restart the Opera browser. This option can be used if you are experiencing issues with your browser on Windows PCs.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I fix black screen on opera?
A: Sometimes, an issue with the application can cause it to show a black screen. This is most likely due to RAM issues on your end and not related to anything else (ie. The game freezing). If this happens, try restarting your computer or closing out of what you were doing in order for Opera to work correctly again.
Why do I keep getting a black screen on my PC?
A: This is most likely a problem with your GPU. Try updating the drivers, uninstalling and reinstalling Beat Saber on Steam or if you have an AMD graphics card try disabling Crossfire in your system settings to see if it fixes anything. If that doesnt work then contact Valve for further assistance since they are responsible for this issue.
How do I fix opera glitch?
A: Download the latest version of Opera.
- opera gx black screen discord
- opera black search bar
- opera gx browser not responding
- opera gx download